[mythtv] ffmpeg pull requests

Peter Bennett pb.mythtv at gmail.com
Wed Jun 1 19:40:48 UTC 2022

On 6/1/22 01:05, Scott Theisen wrote:
> av_disposition: https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/pull/575 and
> https://github.com/MythTV/FFmpeg/pull/5 or first commit in
> https://github.com/MythTV/FFmpeg/pull/4 (which uses the new `#define`)
>
> lavc/utils-mythtv: https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/pull/565 the
> changes to FFmpeg are already merged to FFmpeg/master, but I can redo
> it to make the minimal changes to FFmpeg if desired.
>
> MythTV only changes:
> https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/pull/557 ByteReader
> https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/pull/577 BitReader (depends
> on/includes ByteReader)
> https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/pull/576 Miscellaneous MythTV changes
>
> After those and the rest of the changes to FFmpeg are merged into
> MythTV, the harmonize commits can be tested, particularly with
> DSMCC/MHEG which I don't have access to.
> https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/pull/524 corresponds to
> https://github.com/MythTV/FFmpeg/pull/4 note:
> https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/pull/524/commits/323e3ddaa4ac9acced65d9826908f41a1360932d
>
> Regards,
>
> Scott

Let's not redo anything that is already done if it is correct. I can
continue with committing to the ffmpeg-resync branch. I will first
rebase ffmpeg-resync onto master.

FFmpeg Pull request #4 states that it replaces #3, should we close #3?

You say above either pull#5 or first commit in pull #4. Is the rest of
pull #4 already in the mythtv pull request, or where does it fit in?

Are we doing 565, 566, 568 as mentioned in your first response? Are we
doing 575 as mentioned in your second response?

After committing the ffmpeg pull requests will the mythtv copy of ffmpeg
match the FFmpeg copy? Or is that a later synchronization? Or should I
copy it now?

Perhaps you could summarize what should actually be done and in what order?

At the end of the day, the source code in FFmpeg repo should match the
mythtv/external/ffmpeg contents.

Peter