[mythtv] Call for testing branch devel/ffmpeg-resync (mpegts-harmonize)

John Pilkington johnpilk222 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 27 21:20:56 UTC 2022

On 27/07/2022 19:14, John Pilkington wrote:
> On 27/07/2022 18:15, Scott Theisen wrote:

>>> I think that got fixed by deleting the contents of my repoB folder
>>> and recloning from repoA.  Now it would build the real current
>>> devel/ffmpeg-resync but git apply --check reports a patching error
>>> with what I extracted from your email.  Perhaps an attachment? Thanks.

>> I don't think my original patch would have worked correctly anyways.
>> Try the attached instead.
>>
>> If this correctly demuxes two DSMCC_B streams for your sample I will
>> consider this "working" even if you can't test the interactive TV
>> behavior versus master.
>>
>> Could you upload your sample somewhere so I can try to test it myself?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Scott
>
> https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Xm5dSJVRZj3BgGl38xPp6USGuQm2lzq_/view?usp=sharing

Attached is mythcommflag --resync log for the same BBC ONE newsclip using

https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/commit/d16fafb504110d12d55e698e12bf21c5aea7a082

with

0001-libavformat-mpegts-mythtv.c-reuse-existing-DSMCC_B-s.patch

Quitting playback of this clip no longer causes a crash.

Thanks and regards,

John