[mythtv] DSMCC testing and sample request

Peter Bennett pb.mythtv at gmail.com
Wed Jul 27 19:31:13 UTC 2022

On 7/27/22 15:08, Paul Harrison wrote:
> On 27/07/2022 18:26, Scott Theisen wrote:

>>> mheg is shipped as additional private streams in addition to the audio
>>> and video streams in a recording.
>>>
>>> They include everything from a basic GUI (press red button for <x>) to
>>> alternative channels for sports events (think tennis, you can switch
>>> between different courts)
>>>

>>> Regards
>>> Stuart
>>>

>> But does it work the same if the recording is copied into the Videos
>> folder?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Scott
>>

> It depends on if the data is all in the carousel or not and you
> recorded the extra data streams as well as the video and audio. Mostly
> it is used for simple things like the weather and news pages for
> example which will work OK. Some times they require data usually other
> video streams which are not present in the carousel but are simply
> other hidden video/audio streams, which can be on other multiplexes,
> then it's very likely they wont work as expected if you copy the video
> to Videos because those streams will be missing.
>

> Paul H.

I tested the two mheg samples on two systems running builds of master.

One has v33-Pre-509-g7ea05dd532: the mheg screens can be seen by
pressing F2 and navigating around, using both VAAPI and OPENGL playback
profiles.

The other has v33-Pre-733-ge0996cb499 and I cannot get the mheg to
display anything, pressing F2 or F7 has no effect, on both OPENGL and
NVDEC profiles.

Have I messed something up or is MHEG broken in the latest master?

Peter