[mythtv] DSMCC testing and sample request

Peter Bennett pb.mythtv at gmail.com
Wed Jul 27 19:00:48 UTC 2022

On 7/27/22 13:26, Scott Theisen wrote:

> On 7/27/22 11:48, Stuart Auchterlonie wrote:
>> On 26/07/2022 20:14, Scott Theisen wrote:
>>> To those who have access to DSMCC/MHEG streams,
>>>
>>> Does it work in MythTV as a video instead of a recording?  If so,
>>> how would one go about testing it?  Additionally, I would like a
>>> sample with those streams so I can test it myself.
>>>

>> mheg is shipped as additional private streams in addition to the audio
>> and video streams in a recording.
>>
>> They include everything from a basic GUI (press red button for <x>) to
>> alternative channels for sports events (think tennis, you can switch
>> between different courts)
>>

>> Regards
>> Stuart
>>

> But does it work the same if the recording is copied into the Videos
> folder?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Scott
>
> ____

Scott

Yes it works in the video directory.

Here is a sample I used to test MHEG back in 2017. It is audio only, but
press F2 and you see the MHEG menus. Note you have to first enable
interactive TV in the frontend settings, under playback OSD

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1GNhXgtwlWe_uExdRIITCmJzhFhCMfqXG/view?usp=sharing

Peter