[mythtv] Call for testing branch devel/ffmpeg-resync (ffmpeg-cleanup)

Piotr Oniszczuk piotr.oniszczuk at gmail.com
Mon Jul 4 16:42:55 UTC 2022

> Wiadomość napisana przez Scott Theisen <scott.the.elm at gmail.com> w dniu 04.07.2022, o godz. 03:38:
>
> I have rebased onto the master branch my ffmpeg-cleanup https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/pull/416 pull request and Peter Bennett has pulled it into the devel/ffmpeg-resync branch for ease of testing.
>
> Peter and I have tested it, but we would appreciate more testing before merging it into master.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Scott Theisen

Scott,

I gave very brief testing of hw assisted decode on various hw in my testbed:

stateless v4l2_request API; h6 & rpi4; mpeg2/h264/hevc/vp8/vp9: OK
stateful v4l_m2m API; rpi4; h264: OK
vdpau API; ION2; h264: NOK; see (1)
vaapi API; intel n3450; mpeg2/hevc/vp8/vp9: OK; h264 NOK; see (2)

(1): i'm observing issue with LiveTV staring in approx 2..3 per 5 starts with ffmpeg decode. Also some h264 test videos are failing do decode: hxxp://warped.inet2.org/h264-Sat_1080i_25fps.mkv
I'm not observing this with current master - so it looks like issue happens on ffmpeg-resync branch.
https://pastebin.com/fq6iSH7J is log from 2 LiveTV starts: 1st with expected vdpau and second where it goes with ffmpeg (probably as fallback from failed vdpau attempt).

(2):  issue seems similar to (1)

Let me know if I can do anything extra to chelp...