[mythtv] Database upgrade failure

John Pilkington johnpilk222 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 31 22:52:30 UTC 2022

On 31/01/2022 17:33, John Pilkington wrote:
> On 31/01/2022 16:02, David Hampton via mythtv-dev wrote:
>>> <snip>

>>> I now have the patch working, but the actual builds still use an
>>> unpatched tarball.  WIP, I hope.
>>
>> Thanks for testing on your system. I'll commit it today.
>>
>> David
>
> Some confusion, I'm afraid.  I was able to apply the patch but have not
> yet been able to build rpms that include it.  At present the builder
> still uses the unmodified master, and I have not let it run to completion.
>
> If you commit I should be able to build and test;  if you don't, I hope
> to get there eventually...
>
> John

I'm afraid this is on a different level from Gary's concerns, but
Ihere's another update on my build problems.

I realised that the build script has, as its first line, the URL of the
MythTV GitHub page; and I already had a fork of that, unused for some
time.  So I resynced that to master, successfully uploaded the patch,
and updated the URL in the script.  The commit string had changed and
the build worked, but midway through I realised that the patch hadn't
been applied there either;  the old code was still on the forked webpage.

Another build is now going ahead using the new code from the unforked
GitHub.  The inactive patch has the comment "Add files via upload" - and
I suppose I should now delete it.

John