[mythtv] Loss of "This server is the Master Backend" configuration in fixes/32

John Pilkington johnpilk222 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 6 11:35:07 UTC 2022

On 06/02/2022 10:40, Klaas de Waal wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have now on two different systems that the checkbox for "This server
> is the Master Backend" is unexpectedly unchecked. This is with testing
> the fixes/32. It could just be that I did something wrong but if others
> also experience this issue it might be a bug.
>
> Klaas.

I have mythtv-setup problems too, but thought they were caused by
unwanted interaction between boxes intended to be independent.  At
present I have switched off the problem box and am wondering if I need a
DB restore.    I dislike the full-screen arrogance of the default setup,
and that it finds several servers with no obvious way of knowing which
is which.   Fortunately, once set up, it usually works.  And I know I'm
supposed to use the 'ten foot interface' model with a single syatem...

Yesterday on a 'buntu laptop  (rarely used) I had a small DB backup with
a schema of, iirc, 1307...

Perhaps the fact that my daughter retired at Christmas has something to
do with it.

John