[mythtv] master dcb64 of 15 Aug: ffprobe/mythffprobe discrepancy

John Pilkington johnpilk222 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 23 20:27:46 UTC 2022

Hi:  I have an h264-based video for which stream analyses by the
F35-system ffprobe and ffmpeg report initial errors but then give ok
results, while mythffprobe and mythffmpeg both crash.

I had mistimed my recording, and downloaded a replacement from the BBC
via get_iplayer, which would normally transcode to mpeg4, but ran out of
disk space, leaving the raw download instead.  So it isn't a standard
MythTV format; but playback in the frontend and other players seemed
generally ok.  I have since used the system ffmpeg to convert it into my
normal format.

Here are links to two 20 MB dd-clips.

dd bs=1M skip=20 count=20 if=<infile> of=<outfile>

They aren't packet-aligned or exactly equivalent.

Bad
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1EidSzuf8KbMWQcPKfW3XEWCdFvIprGYc/view?usp=sharing

Good
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1z3UxPNY162JTMMDZ1uDC_J5wMS7nKE8P/view?usp=sharing