[mythtv] New Plugin MythApps

Paul Harrison mythtv at mythqml.net
Thu Apr 28 23:03:00 UTC 2022

On 28/04/2022 10:57, Aidan Brown wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> I would like to share a new mythfrontend plugin I’ve written called
> MythApps that allows you to view most video on demand services, IPTV
> and 4k YouTube with a consistent interface, remote support and mythtv
> theming.
>
> It supports Linux, Android and Windows.   If anyone manages to get
> this compiled and finds this useful,  I would like to know how you got
> on and if there are any major bugs or missing features required?
>
> https://github.com/arobro/MythApps/
>
> Regards,
>
> Aidan

Thanks for this. Looks like an interesting plugin :)

I've managed to get it to compile but not got it to run properly yet.
I'm missing some dependencies that I'm still trying to fix.

A few initial things I noticed :-

There's at least two binary files that shouldn't be in the git repo
'MythApps/mythapps/libmythapps.so' and 'MythApps/theme/themenop'.

You will probably want to add a .gitignore file so git will ignore those
files in the future.

The file 'MythApps/mythapps/theme.pro' is a symlink to a non existent
file so the compile fails. I've attached the theme.pro file I used to
get it to compile.

Anyone trying this may need to install libqt5websockets5 and/or
libqt5websockets5-dev since a standard MythTV install doesn't use either
of those.

Also requires xdotool and kodi to be installed. That's as far as I got
tonight there may be other dependencies I've yet to discover.

Paul H.