[mythtv] Previously Recorded Screen on fixes/32 (Mythbuntu Theme)

John Pilkington johnpilk222 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 26 15:54:27 UTC 2022

On 23/04/2022 20:45, Klaas de Waal wrote:

>     I have found the cause of this. It is an old change by Mark Kendall
>     that made the refresh interval for animations variable instead of a
>     fixed 16 ms.
>     The variability probably also explains why it only happens if you
>     have only a few recordings.
>     A fix is forthcoming.
>

> The fix for this issue is now committed to master and to fixes/32.
>
> Klaas.

Since around Oct 2020 the cutlist editor in master has been prone to
'random' hangups.  Initially there were segfaults, but soon that was
changed to a 20s hang followed by almost normal editing.  Issue #344 is
still open but no one else seems to have been affected or able to
replicate the problem.  I have added comments there after a few commits
that seemed to have made the hangs less frequent, but they still happen.

I get the impression that this commit is another but rather more
effective example of that, although my problem first appeared before the
code targeted here was committed.  I felt it might be worth saying this
while memories are still fresh.

John P