[mythtv] HDHomeRun lineup.json for ATSC

Nick Kelsey mythtv at silicondust.com
Mon Sep 27 18:07:51 UTC 2021

On 9/27/2021 10:57 AM, Scott T wrote:
> On 9/27/21 1:55 PM, Scott T wrote:
>> Although it doesn’t mention it there, I think you can also use /ch<N>
>> e.g. /ch13 for RF channel 13, assuming the channelmap is set.
> Mentioned here:
> https://info.hdhomerun.com/info/troubleshooting:creating_a_sample#save_unfiltered_physical_channel1

Full mux is useful for obtaining a capture on one tuner however
generally shouldn't be used for an end user application like mythtv
where all tuners may be used at once and bandwidth could be much higher
than 8VSB. For CableCARD and ATSC 3.0 full mux isn't an option as the
HDHomeRun has to be involved in the tuning/filtering process.

Happy to help with any protocol questions.