[mythtv] HDHomeRun lineup.json for ATSC

Scott T scott.the.elm at gmail.com
Mon Sep 27 17:55:38 UTC 2021

On 9/27/21 1:28 PM, Klaas de Waal wrote:
> I have been experimenting a bit with the ExternalRecorder of MythTV
> together with the mythhdhrrecorder "MythTV External Recorder for the
> SiliconDust HDHR tuners" of Gary Buhrmaster. This combination makes it
> possible to record from the HDHomeRun using the HTTP interface.
> The HTTP interface is what is recommended to use by SiliconDust and it
> is the only interface with which ATSC-3.0 channels can be received.

As I understand it, mythhdhrrecorder does not currently support
multirec. However, you should be able to get the entire (non ATSC 3)
stream with
https://info.hdhomerun.com/info/http_api#channel_frequency_instead_of_vchannel
<https://info.hdhomerun.com/info/http_api#channel_frequency_instead_of_vchannel>

Although it doesn’t mention it there, I think you can also use /ch<N>
e.g. /ch13 for RF channel 13, assuming the channelmap is set.

> For DVB I have now fixed the channel scan; this means that
> mythtv-setup can, via the mythhdhrrecorder, import the channel list of
> the HDHomeRun. Which is far more convenient than manually entering the
> HDHomeRun channel list with mythtv-setup.
> It would be great if this would work not only for DVB but also for
> ATSC. However, I do expect that the channel list for ATSC does have a
> different format than the channel list for DVB.
>
> So the question is: can somebody with an ATSC HDHomeRun please capture
> the lineup (the result of http:<ip_address>/lineup.json) and post that
> here?

See attached (HDHR4-2US).

I was thinking about changing the HDHomeRun code so you don’t have to
duplicate a capture card per tuner, but I’m working on other things
first so I haven't investigated it yet.