[mythtv] HDHomeRun lineup.json for ATSC

John P Poet jppoet at gmail.com
Mon Sep 27 17:40:47 UTC 2021

On Mon, Sep 27, 2021 at 11:29 AM Klaas de Waal <klaas.de.waal at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have been experimenting a bit with the ExternalRecorder of MythTV
> together with the mythhdhrrecorder "MythTV External Recorder for the
> SiliconDust HDHR tuners" of Gary Buhrmaster. This combination makes it
> possible to record from the HDHomeRun using the HTTP interface.
> The HTTP interface is what is recommended to use by SiliconDust and it is
> the only interface with which ATSC-3.0 channels can be received.
> For DVB I have now fixed the channel scan; this means that mythtv-setup
> can, via the mythhdhrrecorder, import the channel list of the HDHomeRun.
> Which is far more convenient than manually entering the HDHomeRun channel
> list with mythtv-setup.
> It would be great if this would work not only for DVB but also for ATSC.
> However, I do expect that the channel list for ATSC does have a different
> format than the channel list for DVB.
>
> So the question is: can somebody with an ATSC HDHomeRun please capture the
> lineup (the result of http:<ip_address>/lineup.json) and post that here?
>
> Thanks,
> Klaas.

Hi Klaas,

I am attaching the requested data.

I recently acquired a SiliconDust Flex which allows me to pull in ATSC 3.0.
I only have one set of stations broadcasting in HEVC and they are currently
just doing 1080p and stereo. I am hopeful they will start broadcasting some
4k content as well as atmos surround sound soon.

Gary has written a tool which allows the channel table to be populated from
SchedulesDirect data instead of doing a channel scan, but this is only
viable if the user is using SchedulesDirect. I assume you are not, but you
still might find these tools interesting:
https://github.com/garybuhrmaster/MythUtil

John