[mythtv] RFC: Refactoring and code standards

Stuart Auchterlonie stuarta at squashedfrog.net
Mon Sep 6 08:48:45 UTC 2021

On 05/09/2021 17:35, Scott T wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I am currently working on refactoring mythcontex and mythcorecontext.

Can you share your thoughts on what you are looking to achieve here?

Having just pulled the startup sequence apart, i agree it's not the
prettiest thing, and there is likely to be room for improvement.

For background, I'm working towards being able to configure the whole
backend from the built in web server, however that will at minimum need
the backend to have state which represents if the DB is unconfigured,
configured, connected etc....

> I also didn't see any way to register for the wiki, which also needs
> some cleanup.  So how do I register for the wiki?

Ping either myself or hampton on IRC (#mythtv @libera.chat) and we
can enable wiki registration while you register, and then disable it
again afterwards (we have had lots of issues with spam before and this
helps a lot)

Regards
Stuart