[mythtv] Redone FFmpeg 4.4.1

John Pilkington johnpilk222 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 30 14:31:37 UTC 2021

On 29/11/2021 16:39, John Pilkington wrote:
<snip>
>> Peter
>
> Peter:  Your comments about "VDPAU High Quality" explained why my two
> F34 boxes offered different profiles, and I followed your instructions.
> The profile doesn't necessarily set the deinterlacers, and the behaviour
> that I see depends on those too - for example the still-picture
> sharpness on entering Edit and/or Pause with my 9 MB scrolling-credit
> clip.  FWIW I'm not looking for great video performance here, mainly
> setting up cutpoints for post-processing.
>
> I'm still getting into situations where the decoder fails to pause and
> the system becomes unresponsive or may segfault, but mainly it's looking
> good.  Thanks.

FWIW I now have ffmpeg-resync-0 at f521387...
{{{

VDPAU Normal
Single rate deinterlacer, driver preferred, shows in the Playback Data
popup as VDPAU Advanced.
Double rate deinterlacer None.  (Rapid pans are very unsmooth with it.)

Playback seems acceptable, transitions between 1080p and 1080i OK
Skipping is instantaneous and non-blocky.

I'll probably stay with it for a bit.

}}}