[mythtv] Redone FFmpeg 4.4.1

Peter Bennett pb.mythtv at gmail.com
Sun Nov 28 01:41:02 UTC 2021

On 11/27/21 12:55 PM, Klaas de Waal wrote:
> Possibly anticipating your new sync instructions...
> If I understand correctly the workflow to do FFmpeg bisecting, along
> the lines of "checkout ffmpeg, copy everything across, apply the
> patches, rebuild MythTV and test" should now be possible. Some
> scripting to support this would also be appreciated...

In general, yes. However there may be some problems with this. There
could be MythTV changes needed, as  there were this time where a couple
of things were renamed in FFmpeg. Also the FFmpeg patches may not always
apply cleanly, they may need changes. In both of these situations, you
don't know at what stage in the commits of FFmpeg code the changes are
needed. Also, an FFmpeg branch such as release/4.4 does not follow on
from release/4.3, but rather both are branched from master, so bisecting
may have to be done on FFmpeg master.

Peter