[mythtv] FFmpeg 4.4.1 problems

Scott Theisen scott.the.elm at gmail.com
Fri Nov 26 21:13:03 UTC 2021

On 11/26/21 09:25, Peter Bennett wrote:
> Scott
>
> Thank you for all the work.
>
> I assume that all of the changes are now in 4.4m3? 4.4m2 is now defunct?
>
> Peter
They are equivalent in terms of the changes.

4.4m2 has the commits reverting some of the changes that were made with
the reasons I made those changes (excluding the ones I made from the
initial rebase 4.4m to 4.4m2 that I explained earlier in the mailing list).

4.4m3 has those reversions squashed into the commits making the changes
(or dropped altogether) to simplify the history, reduce the number of
extra commits, and make each commit compile (in their new order).

4.4m2 is intended to be a reference for what and why I changed the
MythTV additions.

4.4m3 is intended to be what is applied onto FFmpeg because of its
simplified history and the extra commit messages referencing the
original changes in the mythtv repository.

Scott