[mythtv] New failure in rpm packaging of devel/http. Fixed.

Scott Theisen scott.the.elm at gmail.com
Mon Nov 1 02:20:08 UTC 2021

On 10/31/21 5:19 PM, Stuart Auchterlonie wrote:
> On 27/10/2021 21:36, Scott Theisen wrote:
>

>> I'll see if I can enable building the plugins without installing
>> mythtv first and using the headers in their current state in the
>> working tree. This will probably include moving the mythplugins
>> directory into the mythtv directory and then moving everything from
>> the mythtv directory into the root directory.
>>

> What problem is that ^^^ trying to solve???
>

> Regards
> Stuart
It is annoying (to me, because I keep forgetting you need to make
install before building the plugins).  It is also an extra unnecessary
step to install the main components first.  (I think, I'm not sure if
this would be problematic regarding linking, but I don't think it would
be because the programs are linked to the libraries in the git repository.)

Regarding moving the directories around, moving mythplugins into mythtv
should (I think) make it easier to build the plugins with the same make
command as the rest of the code.  (I would still require a separate make
install command to install the plugins.  Maybe have "make install
plugins" install the programs and libraries if necessary?)

I would then dump the contents of mythtv into the root directory to
remove an unnecessary, extra level from the directory tree because the
root directory would otherwise be basically empty.

Regards,
Scott