[mythtv] compile issues - latest macOS SDK (11.3) / Xcode (12.5)

John Hoyt john.hoyt at gmail.com
Sun May 30 13:02:05 UTC 2021

First - apologies, this is occurring on Xcode 12.5 (latest release)- error
in my original email.  I have corrected the subject line and confirmed this
to be a non-issue with Xcode 12.4 and earlier.

> It seems to me that renaming VERSION to something new may be the simplest
> solution.

I've put together a fork on github for master and fixes/31 that renames
VERSION to SRC_VERSION and updates version.sh accordingly here:
https://github.com/jhoyt4/mythtv  <https://github.com/jhoyt4/mythtv>

I have confirmed that these updates compile successfully on macOS.

If this is an acceptable solution by the community, I'll issue a PR for
both master and fixes/31 and link them to my issue report
<https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/issues/361>.  Also happy to have another
set of eyes look at the update in case I missed something.

If this is not an acceptable solution, no big deal - I will happily delete
the fork.  Honestly, I'm just looking for some help / feedback on
alternative solutions if the simple rename is not palatable.  After
investigating my compile script, the -l"../.." is NOT passed in by the
script but somewhere else by default in the codebase.   This could be
addressed via that route, but I'll need some pointers on where to look.