[mythtv] External Black Box Recorder

Peter Bennett pb.mythtv at gmail.com
Sat May 1 14:57:48 UTC 2021

Hi John

I am creating a black box recorder with mythexternrecorder for Comcast
to record through HDMI via a usb-stick hdmi capture device. It is
working quite well so far.

The mythtv-setup for external black-box recorder includes a setting for
"Tuning timeout". This initially confused me because the
mythexternrecorder also has a tuning timeout which is sent to the
backend via the stdin/stdout protocol. It now seems to me that the
"Tuning timeout" in the setup is not used for anything in the case of an
external recorder. Can I remove it from the settings, to avoid confusion?

Peter