[mythtv] Option "Use FFmpeg's original MPEG-TS demuxer"

Klaas de Waal klaas.de.waal at gmail.com
Wed Mar 31 20:44:20 UTC 2021

Hi,

I'd like to consult the collective memory about the option "Use FFmpeg's
original MPEG-TS demuxer".
Me and PaulH have been looking into playback issues with recordings from
the Finnish channel YLE. The playback issues disappear when this option is
selected. See mailing list
https://forum.mythtv.org/viewtopic.php?p=21615#p21615 for details.

However, this option is only available when a debug build is made and the
option is accompanied by a threatening help text:
"Experimental: Enable this setting to use FFmpeg's native demuxer. Things
will be broken."

Does anybody know where this all comes from?
Is there really a reason to hide this option?
I'd like to make the option always available as it appears solve the YLE
problem.

Thanks,
Klaas.