[mythtv] MythPlugins - QtWebKit upgrade to something current such as qtwebengine

David Hampton mythtv at love2code.net
Sun Mar 7 14:27:25 UTC 2021

On Sat, 2021-03-06 at 09:46 -0600, The Bit Pit wrote:
> I am a proxy maintainer for mythtv and mythplugins on gentoo linux.
> mythplugins [mythbrowser mythmusic] do not compile without qtwebkit.
> Other mythplugins require mythbrowser be installed in order to work.
>
> Does anyone use mythbrowser or one of the mythplugins that depend on
> mythbrowser?

I use mythmusic, but I'm not a gentoo user.

> Is anyone working on converting mythbrowser and mythmusic to not
> require qtwebkit?

I'm working on porting MythTV to qt6, but I haven't done any work on
the lack of qtwebkit. I'm still trying to get a basic qt6 compile to
finish at this point. Any qtwebkit->qwebengine work could be done
separately since qwebengine is available in qt5, but that not where I'm
focused at the moment.

David