[mythtv] refresh rate switching on eglfskms QPA - some Qt help needed

Piotr Oniszczuk piotr.oniszczuk at gmail.com
Wed Dec 29 13:59:11 UTC 2021

Guys,

I'm working on Qt eglfs drm/kms capability to video mode refresh rate changing from mythtv and lacking Qt integration knowledge

I already develop Qt code realising this:

https://github.com/warpme/minimyth2/commit/419aca044226bfea5e5aa9ce8617d394227f5ffd

My Qt code expects - for mode refresh change - that mythtv sets:

https://github.com/qt/qtbase/blob/40143c189b7c1bf3c2058b77d00ea5c4e3be8b28/src/platformsupport/kmsconvenience/qkmsdevice.cpp#L435

QKmsOutput.mode variable to new mode_index.

I'm looking for most effective way to do this from mythtv code level.

need to replace:

https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/blob/991d0f473226d68693b40bf2ae3a5b3c5b6cd461/mythtv/libs/libmythui/platforms/mythdrmdevice.cpp#L679

with QKmsOutput.mode variable setting.

Probably i need to use nativeResourceFunctionForIntegration - but i'm not sure how to use it for modifying Qt internal variable (QKmsOutput.mode)

Can somebody hint me how to do this most effectively?
best will be some exemplary code snippet :-)

thx in advance!