[mythtv] Help with ccache errors

TimP mythtv at corky.co
Mon Dec 13 12:50:35 UTC 2021

On 2021-12-10 17:38, Peter Bennett wrote:
> ccache normally uses $HOME/.ccache for its cache.
> Check if there is a wrong value in $HOME/.ccache/ccache.conf.
> Check /usr/local/etc/ccache.conf
> Check /etc/ccache.conf
> Check for environment variable CCACHE_CONFIGPATH
>
> I suspect something has put a bad value in one of those config files.
> On my system it is using $HOME/.ccache/tmp for the ccache temp files.
> This is the default.

Did some more digging, and it's none of the above. Turns out it's a bug
in tigervnc server that I'm using to get access to the backend machine
to build on. If I ssh to it, the problem goes away. I suspect tigervnc
is not properly setting up the user and ccache is calling something like
mktemp() and that is getting to the user that kicked off the tigervnc
session (root).

Not a MythTV bug.
Cheers,
Tim.