[mythtv] Time to retire mythweb?

Nigel Jewell nigel.jewell at grufty.co.uk
Sun Dec 12 19:11:59 UTC 2021

On 11/12/2021 17:06, Bill Meek wrote:

> There was a PR, but the author closed it. I did test it (lightly)
> and all pages worked. But the author found that searches failed.
>
>    https://github.com/MythTV/mythweb/pull/62
>
> I just went to the top level pages and scheduled one recording with
> no problems.

This was me.  I made a bunch of light changes and found that majority of
functionality worked following some similarly light testing (it's hard
to fully test MythWeb as a bunch of the code is quite crusty).  However,
my testing was a little too light as the searching failed
:embarrassed:.  I'm hoping to find some time to unpick this over the
next few weeks.  Like others I find MythWeb very useful and I'd like to
keep it alive if we can do it without massive changes.

Nige.