[mythtv] wrap around list scrolling

Paul Harrison mythtv at mythqml.net
Thu Dec 9 22:08:21 UTC 2021

On 09/12/2021 20:52, David Hampton via mythtv-dev wrote:

> On Thu, 2021-12-09 at 15:20 -0500, Scott Theisen wrote:
>> On 12/9/21 14:22, Paul Harrison wrote:
>>> I learn a lot by observing how my elderly parents interact with
>>> MythTV
>>> and the wrap around lists confuse the hell out of them because
>>> there
>>> is no indication you are at the end of the list so they just keep
>>> scrolling not understanding that they are in fact looking at
>>> episodes
>>> they have already scrolled through. Having a hard stop at the top
>>> and
>>> bottom of the list just makes more sense to me. I maintain my own
>>> fork
>>> and build packages from the fork so I can change it to how I want
>>> so
>>> it's not really a problem for me if it's changed. Maybe someone can
>>> create a poll somewhere and the majority wins?
>> Perhaps it would be better to make this behavior configurable in the
>> frontend?
> +1
>
> David

There is a bit of history here why things like this are set by the theme
and not by a setting.

Many of the early theme creators where also developers and they was
annoyed that they could spend many hours creating a theme to have a look
and feel how they wanted it to only for users and other developers
adding settings to change that behavior.  That's why many settings like
font scaling and the number of rows in the EPG where removed to keep the
themers happy.  There was also some fairly vocal developers that were
adamant that there was to many settings already so settings should be
removed not more added. Most of those developers/themers have moved on so?

Paul H.