[mythtv] New improved snow falling effect added to the MythCenterXMAS theme for master users

Paul Harrison mythtv at mythqml.net
Thu Dec 9 19:22:11 UTC 2021

On 09/12/2021 10:37, John Pilkington wrote:

> On 06/12/2021 22:38, Steve Goodey wrote:
>> On Monday, 6 December 2021 21:58:08 GMT Klaas de Waal wrote:
>>> On Mon, 6 Dec 2021 at 21:10, Paul Harrison <mythtv at mythqml.net> wrote:
>>> What I also like, and that is not related to Christmas, is that in the
>>> "Watch Recordings" page the up- and down arrows do wrap around from
>>> first
>>> to last and from last to first. This is something I greatly
>>> appreciate as
>>> it effectively halves the number of keystrokes needed to get to a
>>> specific
>>> recording. My vote is to update MythCenter-wide so that this feature
>>> remains with us after Christmas.
>>>
>>> Klaas.
>>
>> Sorry, but my vote would be to keep Mythcenter-wide scroll action as is.
>>

> See  http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Category_talk:Themes
>
> That includes an out-of-date link which should now go to
>
> https://lists.archive.carbon60.com/mythtv/users/558968#558968
>
> ,  a long thread (Dec 2013) about both this topic and, in part,
> whether a dev's preference might be reported as a bug.  :-)
>
> John P

The offer to setup a MythCenter-Classic theme if someone steps up to
maintain it is still available as was talked about in that thread :)

I learn a lot by observing how my elderly parents interact with MythTV
and the wrap around lists confuse the hell out of them because there is
no indication you are at the end of the list so they just keep scrolling
not understanding that they are in fact looking at episodes they have
already scrolled through. Having a hard stop at the top and bottom of
the list just makes more sense to me. I maintain my own fork and build
packages from the fork so I can change it to how I want so it's not
really a problem for me if it's changed. Maybe someone can create a poll
somewhere and the majority wins?

Paul H.