[mythtv] New improved snow falling effect added to the MythCenterXMAS theme for master users

Klaas de Waal klaas.de.waal at gmail.com
Mon Dec 6 21:58:08 UTC 2021

On Mon, 6 Dec 2021 at 21:10, Paul Harrison <mythtv at mythqml.net> wrote:

> The MythCenterXMAS theme has been updated to make use of the new
> procedural MythUI widget that can run OpenGL shader programs to improve
> the snow effect so it has a smooth scrolling appearance rather than the
> rather jerky one the animated gif image shows.
>

> If you want to see the new effect you need a MythTV master build from
> today that has https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/commit/946b344279 and
> you need the updated MythCenterXMAS theme version 1.15 that has been
> updated to take advantage of the new procedural texture support.
>

> Looks great and works right out of the box. Movement is very smooth here.
To make it even more realistic there could be some randomization of the
distances between the snowflakes.
I do not know how difficult it is but some variation in the shapes would
also be great.

What I also like, and that is not related to Christmas, is that in the
"Watch Recordings" page the up- and down arrows do wrap around from first
to last and from last to first. This is something I greatly appreciate as
it effectively halves the number of keystrokes needed to get to a specific
recording. My vote is to update MythCenter-wide so that this feature
remains with us after Christmas.

Klaas.