[mythtv] RFC: python2 (only) script status

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Thu Aug 5 03:13:18 UTC 2021

When updating my build scripts by adding
python bytecompiling for those files typically
in /usr/share/mythtv... I found a number of
files that are still python2 only and generate
syntax errors when attempting to bytecompile
(clearly they will not run in distros that are
python3 only, which is becoming the norm).

While the files in question are not of interest
to me personally, so I am unlikely to try to
evaluate any needed changes, is there any
interest in me opening github issues for these
files just so that the (future) work needed is
explicitly tracked (rather than possibly implicitly
known to a few).  And if so, should it be one
issue for all the files, or one issue per "group"
(in some cases a number of files are
associated with each other), or one issue per
file?

Thanks for any guidance you can provide.