[mythtv] Android build

David Engel david at istwok.net
Thu Apr 29 02:11:37 UTC 2021

On Wed, Apr 28, 2021 at 08:47:42PM +0100, Stuart Auchterlonie wrote:
> On 28/04/2021 17:52, Peter Bennett wrote:
> >
> > At one point my link android-sdk-linux -> Sdk disappeared (a gremlin
> > deleted it or I forgot to create it?) and strange error messages
> > resulted.
> >

> Out of interest, why do we require random symlinks like this???
>
> It is one of my pet hates, perhaps irrationally, to have a requirement
> for such a link.

Good question.  I'm not sure if (old?) Android was setup that way at
one time and old habits die hard or that's simply how Mark Spieth was
used to doing things.  At one time, I had a pet, side project to
create an overall Makefile that would bypass all that and use make
variables read read from config.mak files.  The goal was to more
easily support multiple builds with different library versions, NDKs,
SDKs, etc.  I didn't get very far and quickly lost interest.
Everything seemed so fragile and once a working configuration was
found, it was best to leave it as is.

David
--
David Engel