[mythtv] Android build

Peter Bennett pb.mythtv at gmail.com
Wed Apr 28 16:52:30 UTC 2021

On 4/28/21 12:23 AM, Mark Spieth wrote:
> I know what the problem is, your compiler clang or gc++ is too new for
> the host build part.
>
> Try with a slightly older gcc/clang host compiler. The cross compiler
> is tightly constrained so that should not be the problem.
>
> Mark

I recently rebuilt it on a new computer.

I tried the newest ndk and I got to an error where building one of the
libs created a ".a" file but not a ".so" file in spite of being built
for dynamic linking.

I eventually succeeded with ndk 21.0.6113669

If you change ndk you have to rebuild everything. If you build the libs
with one ndk and the app with another, bad things happen.

If you switch from building v31 to building master you have to build the
libs again. I keep separate copies of the packaging directory for each
version to solve this.

Make sure you checkout the matching version (fixes/31 or master) from
packaging as well as from mythtv when building. This has caught me a few
times.

At one point my link android-sdk-linux -> Sdk disappeared (a gremlin
deleted it or I forgot to create it?) and strange error messages resulted.

Peter