[mythtv] Downloading individual channel icon doesn't work in version 32 of mythtv

Klaas de Waal klaas.de.waal at gmail.com
Thu May 7 05:53:27 UTC 2020

On Thu, 7 May 2020 at 01:48, Scott Simpson <ssimpson at alumni.usc.edu> wrote:

> It works for going through all the icons, but not for repairing
> individual channels. Here is what I'm seeing on an individual channel
> (OneDrive link):
>
> https://1drv.ms/v/s!AnLKQys3vdcDtRLyS-gK_XJ81mCi?e=dUiV1L
>
> It loads the icon search screen which exits and then it takes me back to
> the mythtv-setup screen.
>
> I found yesterday that it does not allow me to load a new icon if there is
already one present for a channel. So to update/repair an icon you have to
edit the channel and remove the icon name in the icon path field. And then
you can download a new icon for that channel.
I also do have duplicate channel names, but in my case with the same
channel number and from different video sources. Then, after selecting an
icon (with space) nothing does happen, you have to do the space again and
then at the end both channels are done and have the same icon.
In your case, with duplicate channel names with different channel numbers
but in the same video source, I do not know what happens.

Klaas.