[mythtv] FFmpeg Resync

Peter Bennett pb.mythtv at gmail.com
Tue Jul 14 16:31:18 UTC 2020

On 7/14/20 6:18 AM, Mark Kendall wrote:
> Thanks Peter,
>
> Hopefully I'll find a few hours to work up the patch today or tomorrow.
>
> I see FFmpeg 4.3 is officially released - presumably we need a final resync?
>
> I'd like to cherry pick one FFmpeg commit from master - which should
> be trivial:-
>
> https://github.com/FFmpeg/FFmpeg/commit/8ee6557c2e93166a03ef8588a09674e4a083d43b
>
> Once our FFmpeg 4.3 branch is finalised and the v4l2 patch is ready,
> then I'd suggest we copy the new FFmpeg over (yes - overwriting the
> current v4l2 changes) and then I'll re-apply the v4l2 changes.
>
> I may split the patch into 2 - there is a fairly trivial interlacing
> flags fix that I want to submit upstream separately.
>
> regards
> Mark

Hi Mark

I have upgraded the version in the MythTV/FFmpeg repository and
cherry-picked commit 8ee6557c into the release/4.3 branch.

The release/4.3 branch is now at 4.3.1-34-gfa0695653c. It has all the
mythtv customizations, apart from your patches.

Let me know when you are ready for me to copy this into the mythtv
master branch. At that time I will scrap the devel/ffmpeg-resync branch.

Peter.