[mythtv] Proposed change to android build setenv.sh

Mark Spieth mark at digivation.com.au
Tue Jan 28 01:21:19 UTC 2020

On 28/01/2020 11:41 am, Peter Bennett wrote:

> On 1/27/20 6:25 PM, David Engel wrote:
>> On Mon, Jan 27, 2020 at 04:50:31PM -0500, Peter Bennett wrote:
>>> The current build require setenv.sh to be copied to ~/android/.
>>> Every time setenv.sh changes I have to copy it again and make my
>>> personalizations.
>>> I propose add the following lines to the end of setenv.sh
>>>
>>> if [[ -f $ANDROID_ROOT/custom.source ]] ; then
>>>      . $ANDROID_ROOT/custom.source
>>> fi
>>>
>>> Then people can put their customizations in ~/android/custom.source.
>>>
>>> Also I propose to change the scripts to source setenv.sh from
>>> MythTV/packaging/android/android-utilities/setenv.sh instead of from
>>> ~/android.
>>>
>>> My custom.source is:
>>>
>>> export KEYSTORE=$HOME/.android/android-release-key.jks
>>> export KEYALIAS=mythfrontend
>>> export KEYSTOREPASSWORD=XXXXXXXX
>>> # comment these for 32 bit build
>>> cat <<EOF >make.inc
>>> target_arch=arm64
>>> ARM64=1
>>> EOF
>>>
>>> Changing between 32 bit and 64 bit involves only changing
>>> custom.source.
>>>
>>> Any problems with this?  Maybe a different name for custom.source?
>> I'm in favor of both changes, espcially the second one.  We should not
>> need to put any of our files in ~/[Aa]ndroid.
>>
>> David
> I am confused. Part of the solution above is putting custom.source in
> ~/android. Where would you like that if we put nothing in ~/android/ ?
> Do you prefer ~/.android?

I'm not sure. Whereever is ok with me. Its a good change.

Perhaps even the next level is to pull android studio, install the
required components with sdkmanager and keep it all isolated from the
main android install. Turnkey build then. Next steps.

The key is still needed to create an apk though so need a mechanism for
this. You choose where. Im fine with any solution.

Mark