[mythtv] Patch to avoid crash in 'ShortVirtualChannelTable' parsing

Douglas Paul doug at bogon.ca
Tue Jan 21 13:18:33 UTC 2020

Hi Klaas,

On Mon, Jan 20, 2020 at 08:50:02PM +0100, Klaas de Waal wrote:
> Thanks for your patch. I appreciate that you create the fix and take the
> trouble to send it. I will look at it.
> However, it would be very convenient if I can reproduce the problem and
> test possible fixes myself and I can do that if you would sent me a capture
> of the complete transport stream that contains the problematic channel.
> This can easily be made with the "MPTS channel" option that is now in
> MythTV, or with any other appliance, e.g. dvbsnoop, that can be used to
> make a recording of the full transport stream. Bigger is better, if
> possible then e.g. 2GB (the maximum that can be sent  for free with
> WeTransfer) or e.g. 4GB (which can be sent as an email attachment to my
> gmail address) would be perfect.

I will look into this. Hopefully their configuration is still broken.

In the case they have fixed things, would it be of any use if I capture
a TS and modify it to exercise the failure I saw? Basically, the crash
occurred when the 'descriptors_included' bit was set, the
'number_of_vc_records' was large, and the length fields read from the
invalid MPEG descriptors was also very large.

Also, is there a simple way to feed Myth a TS that will be processed in
through the same flow as a recording so I could make sure that it
crashes?

Thanks,

--
Douglas Paul