[mythtv] Jumpy video playback

Klaas de Waal klaas.de.waal at gmail.com
Tue Jan 14 20:53:48 UTC 2020

Hi Mark,

File with the first 128MB of the "Jumpy video playback" recording is sent.

I'm not sure how we can set 23.98Hz but the display still shows 50Hz -
> unless the xrandr call failed (anything in the logs?)
>
> But more importantly - if the video is detected as 25.00fps
> (regardless of interlacing) - why is it trying 23.98?

I did make a mistake in my email (and tried to correct it later on...).
When the Information Center / System Status / Display shows 23.98Hz then my
TV shows 24Hz.

This corruption does not happen often; the weekend of 4/5 January it
happened on two recordings but after that I have not seen it anymore. But
this is with a generally rock-solid near-perfection cable signal. There
will be more often corrupted files with DVB-T/T2 recordings done with
antenna's.

The way to view the actual display fps is now to stop watching the
recording and go to the Information Center / System Status and select the
Display tab. The Nvidia driver keeps the last fps setting it has received
and hence it is possible to see what it was when playing the video.

Feature Request: It would be great for debugging if the driver fps value
was displayed in the Playback Menu / Playback / Playback Data box. There is
already an additional line that shows the Deint settting so there is
already space for a "Display fps"  setting to the right of it........

Groetjes,
Klaas.