[mythtv] Qt warnings on mythfrontend start

Mark Kendall mark.kendall at gmail.com
Tue Jan 7 08:48:53 UTC 2020

On Mon, 6 Jan 2020 at 21:45, Klaas de Waal <klaas.de.waal at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Mark,
>
> Stuart's answers are probably clear enough but I will attach the
> configure log and the mythfrontend log to ticket #13548, it can be
> relevant there also.
> About the error message though, if it does not convey meaningful
> information then it would be better if the message was not there....

Klaas

The message is telling you that the VAAPI functionality check failed
and as a result you are using software playback.

Assuming you are using wayland, I'm fairly sure the issue is that you
don't have the vaapi drm package installed. FFmpeg these days uses a
DRM connection first and only then falls back to trying an X11
connection.

What does 'grep -in vaapi_drm *' show when run from your mythtv source
directory?

If VAAPI DRM is available, it should show something like:-

config.h:389:#define HAVE_VAAPI_DRM 1
config.mak:547:HAVE_VAAPI_DRM=yes

Likewise 'apt search libva-drm' should tell you what packages are installed.

thanks and regards
Mark