[mythtv] nVidia screen switching

Mark Kendall mark.kendall at gmail.com
Wed Jan 1 12:21:53 UTC 2020

On Tue, 31 Dec 2019 at 14:54, John Pilkington <johnpilk222 at gmail.com> wrote:

> For many years nVidia has seen my displays as a single X-screen 0 having
> two adjacent sections; a 60 Hz vga monitor and a 50 Hz hdmi TV.  I have
> steered the picture from the command line by running either
> 'mythfrontend', which gives a windowed 1024x576+64+64 display on the
> monitor, or 'mythfrontend -nw --geometry 1920x1080+1680+0' which puts it
> on the TV.  It works well and the ALSA:default virtual audio device can
> give sound from either or both sets sets of speakers.
>
> But although it all works, current master seems slightly confused by
> this arrangement, and on startup in either mode the 'Display: available
> modes' section shows xrandr values that relate to the monitor, not the
> TV.  Should I just be quiet about it :-) ?

John

The new display handling code is still a work in progress - a few
issues need ironing out.

If you drop the command line geometry override and select the correct
screen in "Setup->Appearance->Theme/Screen Settings->Display on
Screen" - it should work as expected. Note however you may need to
exit and restart.

Regards
Mark