[mythtv] MythCodecContext: 2 concurrent hardware frames contexts

John Pilkington johnpilk222 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 9 10:16:22 UTC 2020

On 08/02/2020 15:36, John Pilkington wrote:
> On 08/02/2020 14:36, John Pilkington wrote:

>>> I'm afraid the build process is rather 'black box-ish' to me;  I'm using
>>>
>>> https://github.com/garybuhrmaster/packaging/tree/master/MythTV/rpm
>>>
>>> but the box in question runs el7 with the kde/plasma desktop.  That
>>> requires a myth-incompatible version of vpx, so my builds have just
>>> disabled vpx while Gary's build the proper version.   And I notice
>>> other recent activity on the site, which won't have affected my el7
>>> builds to date.
>>>
>>> However, my understanding is that the builds are all done in a clean
>>> environment.  Much of the logging is deleted on success, but I'll see
>>> if I can find anything that looks relevant.
>>>
>>> John
>>>
>> These?
>>
>> https://drive.google.com/open?id=1swPeTGUURUCIcnjNaeW69GFnKU88DBOl
>>
>> https://drive.google.com/open?id=1SDBkzkcn2gxsEc3tQCxPs3kZBQ5B6z15
> ===========
>
> ...  and, of course, I'm building on a different machine and installing
> the packages.  Can a config-based mechanism do that?

============

Continuing on this topic, which has again diverged from the subject:

I now have master (46f8404) from the ppa:mythbuntu/32 running in a
window on the kubuntu/bionic core2duo laptop.  It has the same problem.

As usual for me, I'm running mythbackend in one konsole tab and

MYTHTV_NO_EGL=1 mythfrontend.real -v playback

in another.  Without the preamble there is no playback, and the first
line of the log is

"Display: Requesting EGL for 'Mesa Project, 1.4'"

The current ppa 31 version is older (3df1369) and probably has other
problems too.

HTH

John