[mythtv] 'Couldn't create VideoOutput instance. Exiting..

John Pilkington johnpilk222 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 2 23:30:13 UTC 2020

On 01/02/2020 09:53, Mark Kendall wrote:
> On Fri, 31 Jan 2020 at 23:12, John Pilkington <johnpilk222 at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> I'm afraid d49021c still has a problem.  No video playback.  It still
>> looks ok with the preamble.  Thanks again :-)
>
> Apart from this line:)
>
> 2020-01-31 22:39:08.692741 I  Using the Qt painter. Video playback
> will not work!
>
> It's actually working as expected - I just fixed the crash when OpenGL
> initialisation failed so it falls back to the Qt painter.
>
> Based on a comment from someone else yesterday, I now have a suspicion
> that the root cause of your problem is the same as:
>
> https://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/13538
>
> While I've recreated the crash in that ticket, others have reported
> that it manifests as falling back to OpenGL software renderer - ie.
> llvm pipe, as in all of your logs. Fingers crossed!
>
> Thanks
> Mark

Hi Mark:  No build yet of e232843 for el7, but I have it on the core3duo
kubuntu laptop which you encountered earlier.  It has similar symptoms
to those above, needing the MYTHTV_NO_EGL=1 preamble for playback
although the OSD and thumbnails are fine.  -v playback logs:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=17gFKZBjl3jfotXr2HfkkQCvzSKzMExT2

Regards,

John