[mythtv] Google Play Store Dev fees

Curtis Gedak gedakc at gmail.com
Wed Dec 23 18:20:18 UTC 2020

On 2020-12-23 10:34 a.m., Peter Bennett wrote:

> f-droid - I am not sure if it works with Android-TV. Has anybody tried
> that?

I do not have experience with Android-TV apps.  I do know that all apps
in the F-Droid app store must be built completely from source code and
must not contain any binary blobs.

With MythTV being somewhat more complex to install and configure than an
average app, I think most MythTV users are fairly savvy.  Such users
should be able to figure out how to sideload an APK onto an Android
device.  Hence little need for an app store presence.

Thanks again Peter for providing the MythTV APKs, and to all the
developers who make the MythTV software such a great TV recording and
viewing experience.

Curtis