[mythtv] Build of MythTV on Fedora 32

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Sun Aug 2 15:00:49 UTC 2020

On Sun, Aug 2, 2020 at 9:48 AM Mark Kendall <mark.kendall at gmail.com> wrote:

> Unfortunately the Qt xcb plugin only returns an integer refresh rate

I believe that was a bug fixed in Qt 5.13(ish).  See Qt
commit 425c59783c or the original bug report QTBUG-73911
(which does not directly mention the refresh rate in the report,
just in the discussion, but the resolution was to return a proper
real value for the refresh rate).

> Any objections to making libxrandr a requirement (it is currently
> optional)? It is currently included in the ansible playlists but is
> listed as optional in some.

I am not a decider, but none from me (as I have been
building with RandR support for quite some time), and
the MythTV packaging repo requires the xrandr libraries
for the usual suspects, so I expect no changes in results
for those using the normal processes.

I suppose in theory one should move the ansible line
from the "optional" to the "essential" group, but that is
mostly just a minor nit in grouping in the playbook, and
does not impact what is installed (and I think at least
one of the essential group items (hdhomerun) is technically
optional, so the list is not entirely grouped correctly
today).