[mythtv] Remaining dependencies for EL 8

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Thu Apr 2 00:22:00 UTC 2020

On Wed, Apr 1, 2020 at 11:59 PM David Hampton <mythtv at love2code.net> wrote:

> Where do I find that EL 8 overrides repo?

I believe only inside the RPMFusion build environment.

It is not at all uncommon for both fedora/epel/rpmfusion
to have local overrides in their build environments as
a "mitigation" for a specific issue that has not yet gotten
addressed upstream or is not yet releasable (as I recall,
the Fedora environment had licensed RH EL libraries
available before CentOS got released).  Sometimes
you have to do what you have to do.

That said, CentOS has recently announced (well,
mentioned in a related post) that they are about to
make available a Devel repo to try to address some
of these issues such a lack of -devel packages and
other related missing packages.  I presume there will
be a real announcement RSN which may clarify the
availability and specific packages they intend to
deal with (libbluray is a known case).