[mythtv] Remaining dependencies for EL 8

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Wed Apr 1 22:37:56 UTC 2020

On Wed, Apr 1, 2020 at 8:18 PM Richard Shaw <hobbes1069 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I take it mythtv does not yet use the native kernel implementation?

Well, as I recall, it partially does, since with
recent kernels CEC is just another HID device.
However, the keycodes of (at least some) CEC
functions are greater than 255, which means
sessions using X may be somewhat limited
(wayland is the future).  And controlling CEC
devices would need to be plumbed.  It might
be on one of those countably infinite todo
lists of some dev to look at as to what needs
to be done.