[mythtv] Favorite or Priority Channel Recording Rule Filter

Peter Bennett pb.mythtv at gmail.com
Thu Oct 17 17:02:16 UTC 2019

On 10/16/19 3:48 PM, David Engel wrote:
> Would you all rather have a "Favorite channel" or a "Priority channel"
> recording rule filter?  The former would only match channels in
> channel group 1 (aka Favorites).  The latter would only match channels
> with a recording priority greater than or equal to 0.
>
> I used my own version of a priority channel filter for a long time but
> deleted it a while ago.  I now have a need to use something similar
> again and thought I'd make it an officially supported feature this
> time around.
>
> David
Hi David

I have a recording priority set on every channel - higher for local HD
channels, lower for cable HD channels, lower for SD channels, etc. This
way I ensure I get the best possible recording. On some shows I have
used a custom recording rule with a setting that restricts to recording
priority greater than a certain value.

My suggestion for this would be to add a "minimum channel recording
priority" option to the recording rule. This way if you are recording
reruns of a show,  it does not record some episodes in SD or from
unreliable channels when those episodes are not available in the next
2-3 weeks on your preferred channels.

Peter