[mythtv] render2019 comments

Mike Bibbings mike.bibbings at gmail.com
Fri Oct 4 16:36:35 UTC 2019

On 04/10/2019 08:48, Mark Kendall wrote:
> On Thu, 3 Oct 2019 at 14:57, Mike Bibbings <mike.bibbings at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Mark,
>>
>> I have rebuilt with the "optimisation" commented out, no failures of any
>> kind with livetv channel switching.
>>
>> However many of the channel changes are taking a long time up to around
>> 30 seconds. There are some which are 1-2 seconds.
>>
> Mike - try the attached patch.
>
> Seems to be working without issue (i.e. no failures and fast(er)
> channel changes (circa 3 seconds max)).
>
> Regards,
> Mark

Hi Mark,

Thanks for the patch, it is looking good on DVB-T/T2 with my Hauppauge
Quad HD tuner (PCI-e), yet to be tested with DVB-S/S2.

I have switched my production system from master to the 2019-render
branch, with the patch, to give it a workout.

My production system uses PCI-e DVB-T/T2 and network DVB-S/S2 tuners.

Mike