[mythtv] render2019 comments

Mark Kendall mark.kendall at gmail.com
Thu Oct 3 09:06:19 UTC 2019

On Tue, 1 Oct 2019 at 07:44, Klaas de Waal <klaas.de.waal at gmail.com> wrote:
> > > Software: Fedora 30 with LXDE desktop.
> > > Mythfrontend graphics setting: (Setup / Video / Playback / Current
> > > Video Playback Profile) VAAPI2 Normal
> > > Mythfrontend plays in a 1280x720 window on a 1900x1200 desktop.
> > > Content is 50Hz but monitor is 60Hz.
> > > This is for me the usual setting.
> > >
> > > Build: no problem.

Klaas

As noted elsewhere - I think you actually need to go into the video
display profile details and update them. You will need a combination
of vaapi (decoder) and opengl-hw (renderer).

> > Is VAAPI enabled?
>
> This is what the ./configure  says:
> # Video Output Support
> x11 support               yes
> xnvctrl support           yes (system)
> xrandr support            yes
> VDPAU support             yes
> VAAPI support             yes
> NVDEC support             yes
> Video4Linux codecs        yes
> MMAL decoder support      no
> OpenGL support            yes
> OpenGL video              yes
> OpenGL ThemePainter       yes
> MHEG support              yes
> libass subtitle support   yes
>

> > > Mythfrontend startup error message:
> > > [AVHWDeviceContext @ 0x1422d00] Failed to initialise VAAPI connection:
> > > -1 (unknown libva error).
> > > Cannot load libcuda.so.1
> >
> > As noted to John - there are some static checks that need cleaning up
> > but in your case they should just be informative - not sure why the
> > VAAPI check would fail if VAAPI is enabled though.
> >
> The message is still present.

If you are still getting that VAAPI error message then there is
something wrong. Are you running under Wayland? The only thing I can
think of is the "Decoder device for VAAPI hardware decoding' that is
under settings->video->playback->advanced playback settings. The code
will default to /dev/dri/renderD128

Regards,
Mark