[mythtv] Merging the 'render' branch

Mike Bibbings mike.bibbings at gmail.com
Sat Nov 30 15:09:24 UTC 2019

On 29/11/2019 15:56, Mark Kendall wrote:
> On Fri, 29 Nov 2019 at 12:49, Mike Bibbings <mike.bibbings at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Is there anything special for building and/or running on Raspberry Pi ?
>>
>> For building is the normal ./configure (no extra parameters) enough ?
>>
>> I am assuming build depends setup using current mythtv ansible.
>>
>> I have Pi2, Pi3 and Pi4 (4GB).
>>
>> Note Pi4 defaults to fkms is this ok ?
> Mike
>
> Off the top of my head, the regular ansible playlists should be fine
> but you'll want to make sure the libdrm-dev package is installed.
>
> Otherwise check configure shows you have DRM, Video4Linux (with DRM),
> MMAL, OpenGL,  OpenGL ES and EGL.
>
> I've used a Pi3 with stock raspbian, open source driver and full kms
> for testing. Don't expect miracles on the Pi3 - I can't get much more
> than about 35fps for HD material due to a limitation in the driver
> somewhere (load is only just double digits). Pi4 should arrive on
> Monday for testing - just picked up a black Friday deal:)
>
> Thanks and regards,
> Mark

Mark,

The following maybe helpful on Raspberry Pi 4 with Raspbian Buster

Known Issues:

1. USB SATA converters for SSD/Hardisks, terrible performance or disk
corruption

   See https://forum.mythtv.org/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=3221&start=15#p15760

2. WIFI Keyboards limited range

   There is a known issue with USB3 interference on some WIFI keyboards
which limits the range to a few inches rather than many feet.

   A solution is to use USB extender cable and plug keyboard receiver
into that.

   Note this issue is not just Raspberry Pi4, other systems have been
known to have this interference problem.

Helper Scripts (also work on Pi2 or Pi3)

1. Move Raspbian Buster from microSD card to SSD/Harddisk

   See https://forum.mythtv.org/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=3232&start=15#p15884

2. Setup full mythtv backend

   See https://forum.mythtv.org/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=3232#p15773

   Note: assumes install location of mythbackend is /usr/

   If building locally default ./configure will use /usr/local/, unless
--prefix=/usr is specified.

   mythtv packaging deb-light uses --prefix=/usr

   If install location is /usr/local the systemd mythtv-backend.service
file needs adjustment.

Mike