[mythtv] 2019-devel: mythpreviewgen still segfaulting on some h264-progressive recordings

Mark Kendall mark.kendall at gmail.com
Fri Nov 22 08:14:18 UTC 2019

On Thu, 21 Nov 2019 at 14:05, John Pilkington <johnpilk222 at gmail.com> wrote:
> But mythpreviewgen for the output segfaults immediately after opening
> the H264 codec.

John

Any chance of a backtrace and logs? There's not a lot I can do without
them. A sample would be even better.

> It says the NVDEC functionality failed, although the
> frontend is using it (after failing on the first run post-installation).
> Previewgen segfaults when the frontend isn't running, too.  And ffmpeg
> decoding in the frontend is fine.

The NVDEC functionality check should fail. It's a command line app so
there is no OpenGL window and hence no CUDA/NVDEC. It is possible to
create offscreen windows to use in this case but it's not something
I've looked at.

Regardless, mythpreviewgen shouldn't currently be using any hardware decoding.

Have you had a chance to test that video with master?

Thanks and regards
Mark