[mythtv] 2019-devel: lipsync drift

John Pilkington johnpilk222 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 18 11:46:46 UTC 2019

On 17/11/2019 22:57, John Pilkington wrote:
> On 17/11/2019 21:25, Klaas de Waal wrote:
>>   Hi Mark,
>>
>> I have not seen sync issues in master. This on my living room system,
>> Intel plus NVIDIA /VDPAU.
>>
>> Groetjes,
>> Klaas.
>>

> Same here.  I've just managed to get database access back on my kubuntu
> laptop, now running yesterday's ppa build of master (somehow the bind
> address=0.0.0.0 had been commented out in /etc/mysql/conf.d/mythtv.cnf)
> and sync seems fine;  DVB-T SD, ffmpeg decoding.
>
> But I'm still seeing the drift in 2019-render b8e27f103 also using
> ffmpeg. It gets noticeable after perhaps 10 minutes and obtrusive after 30.

I'm still getting loss of a/v sync in my el7 box, more noticeable in
some recordings than others, but the fedora 30 system built at the same
commit has not yet done the same, using either NVdec or ffmpeg decoding.

The OSD of playback data doesn't show any drift in the a/v sync value,
even when an offset of over 1 s has developed.

Hmm.

John